Frequently Asked Questions
Traditional bank lenders tend to have higher operating costs, resulting in higher rates. Handy keeps rates low by keeping operating costs down and remaining focused on our mission – allowing people to live life to the fullest.
To meet the eligibility requirements for an unsecured personal loan with Handy, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be aged 18 years or over
- Have a gross annual income equal to or greater than $25,000
- Have an acceptable credit history, as determined at Handy’s discretion and with the credit bureau of Handy’s choice
- Not be in hardship with a different financial provider
- Have no undischarged bankruptcy listings recorded on your credit file
You can change your debit details by contacting the Handy team on 1300 990 115 or by firstname.lastname@example.org
When you accept your Loan Offer, you are agreeing to contractual obligations, including how often you repay. If you need to change this, please get in touch with our team on 1300 990 115 or email@example.com
Repayments on Handy loans can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly. You must use direct debit for all scheduled repayments. To make repayments ahead of schedule, log into your borrower dashboard and do so using BPAY.
If financial hardship is making repayments difficult to meet, please contact the Handy team on 1300 990 115 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You are welcome to pay off your Handy loan at any time. You will not incur any extra fees or penalties for doing so. Additional repayments may be made ahead of schedule, without penalties or fees.
Handy is required to verify your expenses and income before finalising your application, which we do through the Illion Bank Statement service. Submitting statements via this service is secure, and we will receive 3 months of bank statements in order to finalise your loan. Neither Handy nor Illion will be able to make transactions on your accounts.
You can also manually upload your bank statements, although this will increase the processing time of your application.
More information can be found at bankstatements.com.au.
Handy provides Illion with read-only access, meaning that neither Illion nor Handy can transact on your bank account.
Handy will only access your bank statements in order to complete the credit assessment process of your application for a loan.
There are two options for Handy to access your personal bank statements:
- You are able to provide your banking credentials via Illion’s gateway. This gateway is safe and secure, ensuring your internet banking credentials are encrypted, which are then passed on to your bank. The bank provides Handy with the necessary details of your recent transactions. Once this is done, all credentials are permanently deleted.
- If you would prefer to upload your bank statements from the previous three months, this is also an option. Manually uploading your bank statements will, however, increase the time it takes for you to receive a decision regarding your loan application. This will also incur a manual assessment fee.
Fixed-rate loans are completely transparent from day one – because the rate doesn’t change, you know exactly how much you will be repaying and how often, for the entirety of your loan.
Handy ensures borrowers with good credit history are rewarded with better rates. Handy will offer you an interest rate based on your personal credit history and evaluation against Handy’s credit scorecard. You can receive an indicative rate estimate in just a few minutes via our online application form. Any estimates provided do not constitute an offer or approval of finance. Your repayment amount and interest rate will be confirmed if an application is submitted and approved.
With Handy, you can repay for up to seven years or up to ten years with a Green Loan. Repayments are made weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
Personal loans from Handy range between $2000 and $75,000, depending on how much you need, your income and your credit rating.